No matter our knowledge or passion sometimes things go awry – best intentions and all that – resulting in a tea travesty. Have you ever…
- …poured the water to steep your tea and forgot to put the tea in?
- …left tea to brew and forgot it?
- …let a perfectly good cup of tea cool to the point of tepid blech?
- …ripped open the outer tea packet and ripped the teabag as well?
- …put sweetener in your tea having forgot that you already did?
- …mistook the salt for the sugar?
- …poured milk in before making sure it was still good resulting in sour or curdled grossness?
- …accidentally dropped something in your tea that rendered it undrinkable?
- …put sugar and milk in before realizing you never took the bag out?
- …forgot to use the strainer when pouring steeped loose leaf?
- …forgot to hold the lid of a non-locking teapot while pouring causing it to either fall into your cup or crash to the floor and crack?
- …tried to put your mug back down on the table without looking and missed?
- …used water too cold for black tea and created muddy water?
- …used water too hot for green tea and made it a bitter beast?
- …forgot to clean the leaves out of your teapot which then grows mold and you don’t tell anyone because that’s gross and if you’re writing a blog encouraging quality tea use how could you do something like that (this happened to a friend of mine)
We have all been there, luvvies and we will all live to tea another day;)